Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Venting My Frustrations

Let's see. It's now 2011 and I started this project back sometime in 2005. That's means I've been at it for six years going on seven. Shouldn't that be enough time for me to have gotten this thing off the ground by now??? I have hoped so, for so many years, but things are not that easy as so many other dedicated and hard-working start-ups know.

In my case, what's been so frustrating is that the industries I am using to facilitate my project are not as automated as they think they are. Sure, there are some very smart people working on automating the infrastructure behind these industries, but over the last few years, things have not been moving as quickly as I would like them to. We talk about bringing manufacturing into the 21st century but we are obviously lacking in many key areas. 

You see, I have been a one-man show, so to speak, and I therefore have been trying to automate as much of my project as possible in order to give it the best chance of succeeding and showing others how things can work better if more industries embraced more automated processes.. Otherwise, I've feared my project will flop and not give any credibility to what I have envisioned. 

Because at this point you not fully know about my project, you may not find any of this interesting and can't tell what I'm talking about. Sorry. I guess in a few short days or weeks or whatever I decide, you will know more. Some of what I'm talking about is mainly for the big thinkers who think about manufacturing, automation, fulfillment, etc., probably industrial engineers.

I think the impetus for driving improvements in these industries must come from innovations or creative uses of such improvements which could drive commerce. Without a real business need, the improvements will never come.

I actually started up another project at around the same time as my present one, and spent a great deal working on both at the same time. Because of expenses and time, I've been mostly dedicated to this present project for at least the past two years. So I have that other project on hold but I did publish some of the technological needs I had and still do, that kept me from accomplishing what I envisioned. Those thoughts are collected on my other post MyTechNeeds.wordress.com.

Anyways, when my project does go public, it won't be perfect and lack innovation in key areas. This is because those smart people who are looking at all this business of automating processes have not been successful yet. It is in my best interest for them to succeed and I hope everyday for their breakthroughs. I've always believed that if you help others succeed, you will succeed as well.

And in fact, this project will precisely help others in more than one way. I hope to provide jobs for Americans, and provide huge business for certain industries. And that's just phase one. My ideal goal is to provide jobs for people around the world. I believe the product I am introducing can be manufactured anywhere in the world for customers living in those same countries. My first test base is of course the USA.

All this venting leads me to my next thoughts about all the shortcuts, revisions, and redesigns I've done to my product just to circumvent the lack of automation. In the end, though, my product is so much better because I have reduced it to its bare bones and is now so much easier to manufacture. I'll share some of these thoughts in a future post.

Thanks for reading! I hope we can soon work together for the common good of so many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment