Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's Time. Let's Start This Thing.


Well we all must start somewhere. Although I have some other blogs which I’ve had for many years now, this blog is specially dedicated to my Praps.com project. If you actually read this within the next few weeks (hopefully not months!) then you won’t find my website open to the public. I have it passcode protected, otherwise I would probably run out of bandwidth. Poor me. :(
Anyway, I’m really in the business of helping people. I have actually been helping others since my school days, when I was somewhat book smarter than my peers and I was therefore fortunate to be able to help others along with their school work. Needless to say, I continued to help my peers even as an adult.
The first group I am now trying to help are the starving artists who have great talent and are usually underpaid and under-appreciated. I’ve seen too many great pieces of art, just too much talent, that it hurts me to think these people are not making much money. In my opinion their art pieces are worth a million looks and bucks.
Enter my Praps project. While I can’t talk too much about it quite yet, I can say that such a project is long overdue. Even though we have the App Store for developers and iTunes for musicians, we don’t have much for artists. A developer or musician can make millions by charging just pennies for his digital goods, not so the artist. Yes, some artists are making a decent living by using some awesome websites to sell their art. However, I don’t see this same opportunity open to any and every artist out there.
So that’s a rather sparse introduction to my very personal Praps project. I hope I can continue to share my passion I have for this project and why I am doing it. There are so many ulterior forces at work creating the right conditions for something like this to really take off. I hope you will join me in creating this opportunity for artists and beyond. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment