Friday, October 7, 2011

Stop All The Whining Already

I read the TechCrunch story Siri-ous Mind Blowing: Video Evidence Of Apple's Prophetic Past - Circa 1987, and I am deeply humbled. What am I talking about when I've said I've been so frustrated for the past 6 years because not all the technologies have existed to accomplish what I envision? Poor little me for not being able to finish my project sooner. Tell me about a self-pity party!!! Read that story and you will know what I'm talking about.

The visionaries at Apple, which included Steve Jobs, are people made of steel IMHO. They are persistently rock solid to the core. I mean these people have had to endure a quarter of a century to bring their vision to light. They must have the heart of a champion who never, ever quits. I can only imagine what they had to endure.

You see 25+ years ago, the conditions and technologies were very different than what we have today. To have the vision of a voice-controlled assistant back then and to begin working towards it must have taken some real guts. Knowing that so many new technologies would be needed, and no one on the horizon able to provide them, would discourage just about anybody. No third parties to turn to for help, not even a soul talking about the non-existent technologies. 

And yet, there were the Apple visionaries, starting a conversation about these things. One by one, the list of missing technologies increased in number. They would be needing this and that and even that....to accomplish the Knowledge Navigator, or Siri. As they continued their planning, the insurmountable heaps of missing pieces must have looked overbearing, but still they took the very first step.

And that brings me to my personal project, my very first step which I took just a few years ago. In light of Apple's mind blowing prophetic past, I now have new found strength. Thank you Apple visionaries for showing us the way. It is a long dark road, but the glorious day will come.

As I write this, I wish the same hope and destiny to all those unknown and uncounted visionaries who are pursuing their own dreams. May you keep chugging and pounding until and beyond you reach your sweat-earned goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment