Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Passion


Hello everybody,
Just a quick update on what's been happening with this project. I actually took about 3 months off from all the coding I do and kind of lost my passion in a sense. Sometimes that's what it really takes to make anything happen, that is passion.
You know that everyone goes through ups and downs in their personal lives. There's moments and periods when you feel so full of energy and vision. Then there's times of despair and hopelessness. Well, I'm just human and I go through the same thing, and I have been through several of those periods during the last 7 years in which I've been working on this project.
The thing is that I'm not quitting on this project and I am now getting back into it. You see I'm a developer by profession and at heart. I actually love programming, whenever I get the chance. However, lately most of my work at my normal job is being outsourced overseas and I'm left to maintain and bug fix someone else's code. That kind of is demoralizing.
But just in the last few weeks I've rediscovered my love of programming and am enthusiastic about this project again. I am now seeing a very clear picture of how I intend to automate this project. You see, I was actually very close to releasing this project to the public not to long ago. That's about the time you joined this website. That's why I was getting the very first artists on board to move it along.
However, many aspects of the project depended on my time and effort, my manual input to connect all the dots, so to speak. I myself was part of the process of getting the project of the ground, but I realized I could not be the bottle-neck in this whole process. I needed to automate the last remaining pieces.
Because I feared the whole project could go down if the site became popular, I started to research and find the right tools and partners to get these last pieces automated. Otherwise, if the site went down due to popularity, then someone else with more money would run with the idea.
Now, I'm looking at implementing all my code in one of those clouds that are mentioned, like the Amazon cloud, and there are many others. I am narrowing my choices and am about to be able to grow the site and auto-scale the site automatically should it become popular overnight.
So the thing is, I took a step back and re-thought about how to accomplish the last pieces so that I would no longer be part of the equation. In other words, the site is going to be driven by the artists themselves and by the buyers.
Take care and I'll talk to you soon again.

No comments:

Post a Comment